Dilwara temple, Mount Abu
The Dilwara temple or Delvada temple is 2.5 km far from Rajasthan, located in Mount Abu, only hill station in Rajasthan. It is a Jain Temple built by Vimal Shah and designed by Vastupala, Jain ministers of Dholka. It is a pilgrimage place of the Jains and a popular tourist place in Mount Abu. This temple is famous for its white marble and intricate marble carvings.
There are five temples in all and each has its unique identity. All temples are enclosed within a single high walled compound. The five temples are.
• Vimal Vasahi , dedicated to the first Jain Tirthnkara, Shri Rishabadev.
• Luna Vasahi, dedicated to 22nd Jain Tirthankara, Shri Neminartha.
• Pittalhar, dedicated to the first Jain Tirthankara, Shri Rishabhadev.
• Parshvanath, dedicated to the 23rd Jain Tirthankara, Shri Parshavanath.
• Mahavir Swami, dedicated to last Jain Tirthankara, Shri Mahavirswami.
Best Time to Visit Dilwara Temple
As Mount Abu is a hill station, its temperature reaches 10 degree in winters; in monsoon, the temperature fall between 17 to 24 degree, and in summers, the temperature stays below 30 degrees.
• Entrance fee: There is no entry fee
• Visiting time: 6 AM to Noon (for Jain), Noon to 5 PM for tourists.
• Visiting Duration: 1 to 2 hours
How to Reach Dilwara Temple?
The temple is not so far from the centre city. It is only 3 km away from the city. It would be convenient to take a taxi. You can also take a bus. There are many bus services that run all across the state, and will drop you to your destination in lesser time and cost.
Some Tips for the Travellers
• Cameras are not allowed inside.
• Do not carry any times made of leather.
• The temples are surrounded by beautiful gardens, and the architecture itself is exquisite. .
• It is recommended that you hire a guide while on the tour to Dilwara Jain temple.
• Nakki Lake
• Adhar Devi Temple
• Sunset Point
• Bhrama Kumari World Spiritual University
• Shanti Shikhar
• Hiraji Tea Stall
• Ashok Restaurant
• Mayur Fast Food
• Jain Bhojnalya
Things to Do on the Mount Abu Trip
• Take a walk in the gardens situated in temple premises
• Experience the rich past of Jainism by visiting these temples
• Go for trekking and hiking in the lush hills.
So, Dilwara Temple is not just a temple where you can have exceptional spiritual experience, but it is also a treat for nature lovers, who can visit the place during their Mt. Abu Trip. Therefore, we can say that Dilwara Temple would be a huge yes for atheists as well.