Prem Mandir all Information
Prem Mandir is located in Vrindavan, Mathura. This temple is maintained by Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat. It is an international non-profit, educational, spiritual and charitable trust. This temple is dedicated to Lord Radhakrishna on the first level and Sita Ram on the second level.
The construction of this temple began in January 2001, and the inauguration took place from 15 February to 17 February 2012. There is a pillar-less, dome shaped satsang hall which can accommodate around 25,000 people at a time. This temple is surrounded by beautiful gardens and fountains. In this temple, there is depiction of four leelas of Shri Krishna- Jhulan Leela, Govardhan Leela, Raas Leela and Kaliya Naag Leela.
There are beautifully carvings on door, windows, walls, and floors. They are adorned with semi-precious stones that depict floral vines blooming with buds and flowers. At night, the whole temple is lit up with the soft light of the beautiful chandeliers. The lights of Mandir change every minute which is a very beautiful sight.
Aarti schedule and timings
This temple is not close on any day. This temple remains open from 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. The aarti schedule is as follows:
- 5:30 a.m.- Aarti and Parikrma
- 6:30 a.m.- Bhog and Bhog Door Closes
- 8:30 a.m.- Darshan and Aarti
- 11:30 a.m.- Bhog
- 12:00 p.m.- Shayan Aarti and Doors Close
- 4:30 p.m.- Aarti and Darshan
- 5:30 p.m.- Bhog
- 8:30 p.m.- Shayan Aarti
- 8:15 p.m.- Shayan Darshan
- 8:30 p.m.- Door Closes
This temple is dedicated to Radhakrishan. The main festivals celebrated here are Janmashtami and Radhashtami. Both of these festivals are celebrated here with great zeal and enthusiasm. People from all over the world come here to visit this temple at this time to partake in holy celebrations.
How to reach
- The nearest airport to Vrindavan is 80 km away in Agra. From this airport, you can hire a taxi to reach Prem Mandir
- Nearest railway station is Mathura which is only 8 km away from Mandir. You can hire a bus, taxi, or any other transport service which is available outside the temple.
Best time to visit
It is a holy place to visit, so, you can go whenever you want to visit the temple. It would be the best time. If you want to experience its tradition and culture, then the best time to visit is when its two Major festivals celebrated here i.e. Janmashtami and Radhashtami. Prem Mandir is also famous for the Holi celebrations that take place during February or in March.
Few important tips
- The time required to have whole experience of this temple is 2-3 hours.
- There is no entry fee.
- In the temple premise liquor and photography is prohibited.
- For elderly and physically challenged visitors wheelchair services is available.
- The main parsad of the temple is Peda. There are Peda sweets available at the temple to take back.
- Radha Raman Temple.
- Iskcon Temple Vrindavan.
- Shri Ranganatha Temple.
- Shahji Temple
- MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant.
- The Mansion.
- Manbhavan Apartments.
- Brij View.
- Centrum Hotel by Brijwasi.
- Hotel Shagun Residency.