Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Temple all Information
The Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Temple is a religious place in Shirdi, Maharashtra. The temple is dedicated to Sai Baba. It is believed that Sai baba had been blessed with supreme powers, and he is worshipped as God.
It witnesses thousands of pilgrims across all over the world who visit this place and enjoy the pure bliss of divinity.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE TEMPLE
Sai baba is regarded as fakir who appeared as a young man in shirdi and spent his entire life there. His mission was to give blessings to all who needed help without any discrimination. He helped millions of people in changing their lives. He brought happiness in the lives of people. He gave blessings to a childless couple with a child, cured illness, gave strength to his devotees to win over all situations,helped in financial gain and also taught people how to live in harmony with other people.
Devotees considered him as a God and people believe he still continues to give his blessings and help people in need. Thereby people come from all parts of the country to visit him and experience his promise of always being there in need even from his tomb after his death.
- The complex has the Khandoba Temple,Gurusthan, Samadhi Mandir, Dwarkamai, Chavadi, Lendi Gardens, and a few other temples.
- well equipped with all necessary facilities such as canteens, Prasad counters, book stalls and donation counters.
The Khandoba Temple is the spot where Sai Baba first stopped upon his entrance into Shirdi, and it is also the place where he got his name.
Gurusthan means ‘place of the Guru’, and it is the place where Baba spent most of his time. And also, the tomb of his Guru is located by the Neem tree. Under this Neem tree, there is an underground tunnel that leads to the place of Dwarkamai.
The Samadhi Mandir is the shrine which has the Sai Baba’s tomb. It is made in stone,thereby known as ‘Dagadi Wada’.
The Lendi gardens is a place where Sai Baba used to visit every day. The garden has tombs, shrines, and a lamp that was lit by Baba himself and placed between the two trees that he had planted.
Other temples in the complex are -Hanuman Mandir, Mahalakshmi Temple, Jain Temple, Narasimha Temple and the three temples dedicated to Ganesh, Shani and Mahadev.
- Guru Purnima
- There is a procession with the palanquin and Rath that take place at the temple during these times.
POOJA AND TIMINGS
- Opening Time: 4:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Abhishek Pooja -INR 101(pooja takes place at 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.)
- Satyanarayan Pooja (pooja takes place at
7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM,1:00 PM and 3:00 PM.)
TIPS FOR VISITING THE TEMPLE
- You can pre-book for Darshan or Aarti online.
- VIP passes for Rs 200 each are available at the temple.
HOW TO REACH
- Buses to Shirdi are available from all parts of Maharashtra on a regular basis.
- It can easily be reached via public transport, autos and rickshaws.
- Laum-The Spiritual Resort
- Hotel Sai Balaji
- Jivanta Hotel
- Sai Neem Tree Hotel
- Hotel Bhagyalaxmi
NEARBY PLACES TO VISIT
Jangli Maharaj Ashram
Dixit wada museum
- Wet n Joy Waterpark
- Khandoba Mandir
- Sai Heritage Village
- Abdul Bada Cottage
- House of Laxmibai Shinde